The office of the Director of Pupil Personnel promotes awards for attendance in the following ways:
- Attendance certificates are awarded to students who have perfect attendance for the entire year in the Mayfield Independent School system.
- Attendance plaques are presented to students at Mayfield High School for 4 years of perfect attendance, at Mayfield Middle for 3 years, and at Mayfield Elementary.
- A large clock plaque is given to graduating seniors at Mayfield High School if they have perfect attendance for 12 years or for K through 12 if they have perfect attendance in kindergarten.
- Each attendance month, all perfect attendance students are grouped together and a winner is drawn at each school. These students receive a $50.00 attendance award. In addition, the school with the best attendance for each month wins a $150 attendance award.
- Businesses wishing to donate incentives may call the schools directly or contact the Director of Pupil Personnel at 270-247-3868. Participation is greatly apprectiated.
- Schools may provide pizza parties, t-shirts, class trips and other prizes as incentives for students to strive for excellent attendance.